At Cove House we are committed to doing as much as we can to help protect our environment where practically possible.
We are dedicated to working on environmental issues and implementing policies to ensure that we are as ‘green’ as possible.
Here are some of the areas we are focusing on:
- Using local suppliers and produce for our breakfasts
- Promoting local businesses and providing details of local walks and bus services
- Installation of efficient loft insulation
- Recycling as much as possible – paper, cardboard, plastics and glass
- Reducing paper usage via e-mails and recycling printer cartridges
- Making recycled paper eco-logs for heating as well as wood
- Using Energy Saving Bulbs
- Replacing high energy electrical appliances with low energy replacements
- Thermostatically controlled, easily adjustable heating
- Double glazing is installed in some windows
- Not provide dressing gowns as this dramatically increases the use of cleaning chemicals
- Pre-ordering breakfast the night before reduces wasted food
To reduce heat loss through windows, all curtains are in the process of being replaced with interlined ones. We draw the curtains as soon as possible at dusk especially in cold weather.
As a guest at Cove House we hope that you, too, will take a little time to think about the environment during your stay – perhaps by turning off the lights and television in your room whenever possible, re-using towels, or by visiting local attractions and supporting the local area. If you would like any further information please speak to Amanda of Justin. Also, if you have further ideas on improving our Green image, please let us know. Thank you very much.
Cove House, Main Road, West Lulworth, Dorset BH20 5RL